This is a brief refresher on the method of performing the Janazah Salah. In the current conditions, Janazah Salah often takes place late at night or in the early part of the morning, hence very few people attend. It is essential to learn and revise the method of Janazah Salah.
JANAZAH SALAH CONSISTS OF 4 TAKBEERS WHICH ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL TO RECITE
1. Place the Janazah in front of the Imam. The Imam will stand in line of the chest of the deceased
2. The intention for Janazah Salah will be made as follows: I intend offering the Janazah Salah for the pleasure of Allah Ta'ala and as a dua for the deceased
3. Commence the Salah by raising the hands and reciting the first Takbeer. Fold the hands as done in Salah
4. Recite Thana:
سُبْحَانَكَ اللهم وَبِحَمْدِكَ وَتَبَارَكَ اسْمُكَ وَتَعَالَى جَدُّكَ وَجَلَّ ثَنَاؤُكَ وَلَا إِلَهَ غَيْرُكَ
5. Recite the second Takbeer followed by Durood-e-Ebrahim which is usually recited in Salah
6. Recite the third Takbeer followed by the dua for the deceased:
اللّٰهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِحَيِّنَا وَمَيِّتِنَا وَشَاهِدِنَا وَغَائِبِنَا وَصَغِيْرِنَا وَكَبِيْرِنَا وَذَكَرِنَا وَاُنْثَانَا اَللّٰهُمَّ مَنْ اَحْيَيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَاَحْيِهِ عَلَى الْاِسْلاَمِ وَمَنْ تَوَفَّيْتَهُ مِنَّا فَتَوَفَّهُ عَلَى الْاِيْمَانِ
Translation: O Allah! Forgive our living and dead, present and absent, young and old, men and women. O Allah! Whoever amongst us is kept alive by You, keep him alive on Islam and whoever You give death to, grant him death on Iman.
7. Recite the fourth Takbeer after which Salam will be made normally as in Salah
NB. The hands will be raised only for the first Takbeer