“It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah, but it is Taqwa from you that reaches Him. “ (Quran, Surah Al Hajj)
Assess the quality of your Qurbani by answering the following questions!
1. Did you sacrifice your time to choose a Shariah compliant animal? (horns, ears, limbs, tail,etc, in order)
2. Did you pay for your animal on time and willingly or did you pay the amount reluctantly?
3. Did you make an effort to ensure that you made your own arrangements for: tags, knives, packaging, sharpening of knives, etc.
4. Did you make an effort to learn the laws & duas of qurbani?
5. Did you recite the Duas during Qurbani?
6. Did you exercise patience & tolerance in waiting your turn?
7. Did you control your temper & tongue when faced with trials?
8. Did you ensure you were present at the time of sacrifice?
9. Did you ensure that your carcass was sliced and distributed to family, friends and the poor?
10. Did you avoid all un-Islamic activities during the Qurbani?