Aadaab of the toilet
1. Prepare for istinjaa before relieving oneself by having water ready etc.
2. Cover the head and feet before entering the toilet.
3. Recite the masnoon du`aa before entering:
اَلَّلهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنَ الْخُبُثِ وَ الْخَبَائِث
4. Remove any ring or paper that has the name of Allah Ta`ala, Nabi (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) any ayah of the Qur'aan or Hadith before entering.
5. Enter the toilet with the left foot.
6. When undressing remove the lower garments when you are as close as possible to the ground. Do not unnecessarily expose your private area.
7. Sit and relieve yourself.
8. Do not face the qiblah or the back towards the qiblah.
9. Direct the urine and faeces into the pan. Do not mess the area around the toilet pan.
10. Be cautious with regards to the splashes of urine. (Negligence in this could lead to azaab in the qabr)
11. Do not talk whilst in the toilet unless there is a genuine need to do so.
12. Do not recite the Qur'aan, any du`aa or make zikr whilst in the toilet.
13. Do not eat in the toilet.
14. Do not waste time in the toilet by reading newspapers or magazines etc. especially in public toilets. Leave the toilet as soon as you have relieved yourself.
15. Do not cause takleef (inconvenience) to other users by smoking in the toilet or leaving it in a bad state.
16. The preferable method is to use lumps of soil for istinjaa followed by water. Due to our weakness, we may substitute the lumps of soil with toilet paper.
17. When dressing try to put on the lower garments whilst you are as close as possible to the ground.
18. Leave the toilet in a state better than what you had found it in.
19. Leave the toilet with the right foot.
20. Recite the masnoon du`aa upon exiting:
21. Rinse your hands thoroughly to remove any foul smell that may have come onto it.
22. Do not make wudhu immediately after coming out of the toilet. Wait for a few minutes until all the remaining droplets of urines have come out of the urinary passage.
Aadaab of wudhu
1. Sit on a raised place.
2. Face the qiblah.
3. Make the intention for Wudhu e.g. to attain tahaarat, to perform salaah etc.
4. Recite the masnoon du`aa:
5. Wash both the hands up to and including the wrists thrice.
6. Make miswaak of the mouth. The preferable size of the miswaak is a hand span and as thick as a finger. Miswaak will be made of the teeth breadth wise and of the tongue length wise.
7. Take water in the right hand and gargle the mouth thrice thoroughly. Ensure that the water reaches all areas of the mouth. If one is fasting exercise precaution so as not to allow the water to go down the throat.
8. Place water into the nostrils thrice using the right hand. Allow the water to reach the end of the soft portion of the nose. (If there is a need to clean the nose use the left hand to do so.)
9. Wash the face thrice taking scoops of water with both hands. Do not splash the water onto the face. Rather, gently pour it from the top of the face.
10. If one has a thin beard i.e. the skin below the beard is visible through the hair then the skin below has to be wet. If one has a thick beard i.e. the skin beneath is not visible through the beard then khilaal will be made of the beard.
11. Khilaal will be made by taking a scoop of water with the right hand and placing it in the beard. Thereafter pass the fingers of the right hand through the beard from the bottom.
12. Wash both the hands up to and including the elbows thrice.
13. Make khilaal of the fingers by passing the wet fingers of each hand through each another.
14. Wet the hands before making masah.
15. Make masah of the head by placing both the hands entirely at the front of the head and drawing them towards the nape.
16. Make masah of the ears using the index finger for the inside and the thumb for the outside.
17. Make masah of the nape using the back of the fingers. (Masah should not be made of the neck.)
18. Wash both the feet up to and including the ankles.
19. After washing the feet make masah of the toes starting with the small toe of the right foot and ending with the small toe of the left foot using the small finger of the left hand.
20. During Wudhu recite the masnoon du`aa:
اَللهُمَّ اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِي وَ وَسِّعْ لِي فِي دَارِي وَ بَارِكْ لِي فِي رِزْقِي
21. Upon the completion of Wudhu recite the shahaadatain:
أَشْهَدُ أَلاَّ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لاَ شَرِيْكَ لَهُ وَ أَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَ رَسُوْلُهُ
and the masnoon du`aa:
اَللهُمَّ اجْعَلْنِي مِنَ التَّوَّابِيْنَ وَ اجْعَلْنِي مِنَ الْمُتَطَهِّرِيْنَ
(The hadith mentions that the one who recites both these duas upon the completion of wudhu will be allowed to enter Jannah from whichever door he wishes.)
22. Do not speak of any worldly affairs during wudhu.
23. Rub each limb when washing them to ensure that the water reaches every part of the limb.
24. Do not be wasteful with the water even if there is plenty of water available. (This affects the spirituality of the salaah.)
25. Wash the limbs of wudhu in sequence.
26. Make wudhu in succession.
27. Perform two rakaats tahiyyat-ul-wudhu after making wudhu.
Aadaab of Ghusl
1. Wash both hands up to the wrists.
2. Wash the private parts. (The hands and private parts should be washed irrespective of whether there is any impurity on them or not.)
3. Thereafter, any impurity found on the rest of the body should be washed.
4. Then make wudhu.
5. After performing wudhu, pour water on the head three times.
6. Thereafter pour water over the right and left shoulders three times each in such a way that water reaches the entire body.
7. Whilst pouring water over the body rub the body well so that water reaches everywhere properly and no place remains dry.
8. The fardh acts are only three:
(a) To gargle the mouth in such a way that water reaches everywhere.
(b) To wash the nose up to the soft bone.
(c) To pour water over the entire body.
8. Do not face the qiblah.
9. Don't waste water. (Too much of water should not be used, nor should so little be used, that one is unable to wash thoroughly.)
10. Bath in such a place where no one can see you.
11. Do not talk while bathing.
12. After bathing, the body should be wiped with a cloth or towel.
13. Hasten to cover body after bathing.
14. Do not to read the kalimah or any other dua while bathing.
15. Even if an area equal to a hair's breadth is left dry, the ghusl (fardh) will not be complete.