A: Dear Brother
You are commended for your courage to strive, progress and safeguard your Imaan in the challenging environment around us. Allah is well aware of the what lies within the chest of every person and your sincere endeavours to abstain from sin and adopt be obedient to your Creator is fully in the Knowledge of Allah. This consciousness is in itself a bounty from Allah for which you must be grateful.
Essentially you need to lead your life normally and develop a mindset that the environment around may not be changed but I can safeguard myself from the effects of the environment. The following points may assist you :
1. Ponder an reflect over the great bounty of Imaan and the importance of safeguarding it at all times by adopting good deeds and character
2. Do not befriend people who are not upright and persistently involve themselves in immoral vices and wrong doings.
3. Keep yourself occupied and involved in activities that will be beneficial for yourself and others. You may contract the Darul Ihsan Centre to volunteer your services.
4. Avoid visiting places where the laws of Shariah are violated unless it is an absolute necessity.
5. Make it a point to adopt good company and try to befriend and sit in the company of the pious Ulama.
6. Make Istighfaar in abundance and daily repent for the mistakes that may have occurred in the day
7. Seek Allah’s assistance and guidance in overwhelming your nafs (base passion) and His guidance and protection in all you do.
One may enjoy the different avenues of permissible leisure and entertainment providing they are within the boundaries of Shariah and do not lead one towards sin and futility.
May Allah safegaurd one and all from all forms of sin and vice.