This morning, the Shaikhul Hadith of Darul Uloom Karachi, Mufti Taqi Uthmani (Daamat barakatuhu) mentioned at the completion of the final lesson of Bukhari Shareef.(1440 H - 2019)
‘This meeting of ours could very well be our last meeting collectively as a class, hence remember these advices:
- Firstly, always remember me in your Duas. (During my lifetime and thereafter as well)
- Secondly, The Dora-Hadith (final year of Hadith studies) is never the end of acquiring ‘Ilm knowledge, but rather it is the beginning of seeking knowledge.
- Thirdly, ‘Ilm knowledge, in itself is not the goal, rather ‘Amal, practice upon knowledge is the objective. Hence, to bring this knowledge into practice, I advise you to spend time with an Allah wala, (pious spiritual guide). If this is not possible then at least keep reading the Mawaiz (advices) of Hazrat Thanwi (Rahmatullahi alaihi). Stressing further importance upon this point, Hazrat Mufti sahib mentioned that even if you don’t understand the wisdom behind this point, act upon it nonetheless, as if a close companion of yours had given you some valuable parting advice.
- Fourthly, abstain from pleasing the Nafs (desires), for this is a total deception.
- Fifthly, keep working/serving Deen under the shadow (supervision) of your teachers. Place your trust in them. Alhamdulillah, I must confess, whilst I have travelled the world, I have come to the conclusion that the Ulama of Deoband are genuine ambassadors of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama’ah.
Lastly, Mufti sahib mentioned that it is my daily practice that I pray for all my students and colleagues. He then stated the following couplet of his: