The youth of the nation is the future of the nation. If the youth progress, society progresses. Bearing in mind the important position of the youth in today's world, Darul Ihsan established a youth department named "Y.O.U." - Youth of the Ummah.
Youth of the Ummah, Darul Ihsan's youth Department was the realisation of the heartfelt cry of our Ameer, Mufti Zubair Bayat who expressed the urgent need to empower and equip our youth with the necessary skills required to lead the Ummah of tomorrow. Hence, in 2008, Darul Ihsan established a youth wing called “Shababul Ummah” – Youth of the Ummah (Y.O.U.) which is a youth development initiative dedicated to addressing the vital role that Muslim youth play as future leaders of the Ummah. With different programs attuned to the youths' critical stage in life, Y.O.U. seeks to address the real-life problems of our youth and give the support needed to live as dedicated Muslims. In this age where temptations are on the rise and flagrant behaviour encouraged, Y.O.U. attempts to counteract these influences by challenging the youth to take the best of all paths, both in this world and in the Hereafter.
Among the many activities of Y.O.U. are the following:
- Youth camps that provide our youth with alternate entertainment, flavoured with an Islamic ethos
- Youth programmes which focus on youth issues, interactive Q & A sessions, etc
- Youth support through moral guidance, Fatawa (Islamic rulings), etc
- Youth resources which include a library, youth website, youth Madrasah classes, etc
- Youth empowerment via career guidance, volunteerism & outreach, bursaries and scholarships
Forthcoming activities, insha-Allah:
- YOU Membership card which will entitle the holder to certain discounts & benefits
- A paintball/soccer/cricket league
- Community outreach programs and much more.
In conclusion, our motto for the youth of the Ummah:
The Youth can most definitely change the World, but that change begins with YOU!
Be the change YOU want to see in the world!