Status & Achievements:
- Narrated approximately 13 Ahadith.
- Rasulullah (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) referred to him as his Sibt (grandchild), his Rayhan (flower) and the leader of the youth of Jannah.
- When his father Hazrat Ali (RA) was made Shaheed in Kufa more than 40 000 people took Bay'at of Khilafat on his hand.
- He relinquished the Khilafat to Hazrat Muawiyah (RA) after 6 months.
- He performed Hajj travelling on foot from Madinah Munawwarah to Makkah Mukarramah.
- Highly reputed for his piety and generosity.
- Hazrat Abu Bakrah (RA) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said regarding Hazrat Hasan ibn Ali (RA), “Verily this son of mine is a sayyid. Perhaps Allah will make peace between two great factions of my Ummah.” (Bukhari, Abu Dawood, Tirmizi)
- Hazrat ibn Abbas t narrates that Rasulullah (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was carrying Hazrat Hasan ibn Ali (RA) on his shoulder. So a person said, “What an excellent conveyance you have mounted young boy”. Rasulullah (Sallahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied, “What an excellent rider he is also.” (Tirmizi)
- Hazrat Hasan (RA) passed away in 50 A.H. and lies buried in Jannatul Baqi'.