1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to billions. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells are destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumours.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, one should change one's diet and include supplements. This will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells. It also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can damage organs like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumour size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumour destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is weakened or destroyed. The patient can therefore succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.
Foods which can promote cancer
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar one cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes are made with Aspartame which is harmful. A better natural substitute would be honey or molasses, although in small quantities Chemicals are added to table salt to make it white in colour. Sea salt is a healthier alternative.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting it with unsweetened soya milk one starves the cancer cells.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef. The Islamic prohibition of the highly acidic pork leads to a healthier body. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites. These are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans.
Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 40 degrees C.
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. The best water to drink is purified water or filtered water. This is to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
f. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines become putrefied and leads to more toxic build up.
g. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
h. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor- ssence,Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
Attitude, Environment & Exercise
Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, unforgivingness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Daily exercise and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells
The Giver of Harm
Allah is an-Naafi' (Giver of Benefit), al-Daarr (Giver of Harm) and ash-Shaafi (the Giver of Cure). Over and above these advices a Muslim should always have his attention focused to Allah. Health, cancer and all other diseases are in His hands. Rasulullah Sallallahu alayhi wa sallam has advised that we pray, "Allahumma inni asalukal 'afwa wal 'aafiyah," (O Allah I ask You for pardon and ease). May Allah guide us to remember Him and supplicate unto Him and to be patient during afflictions and tests.